Online Resource for all things Navy
navalbasehobbies.com, navyshopping.com & modelshipbuilding.com
PO Box 207 Cedarhurst, NY 11516
Phone: 718-471-5464 Email click here Fax 718-337-7115
|Ship Catalogue||Paints & Displays||How to Build a Ship!||Navy Ball Caps|
|How to Books||Decals||Photo- Etching||Ship Art Prints||Main Website|
Our Customer Service is open weekdays from 9:00 am to 8:30 pm EST time call us if you need help. 718-471-5464
To order by phone call toll free 800 - 845-1140
If you have any questions or need help email us, call us or click here for HELP
USS Albany & Chicago Cruiser Model Ship
Build the USS Columbus too!
This USS Albany
kit 12" long DC029AA $39.95
You'll need new hull numbers for the USS Columbus.
We now have the USS
This kit 12" long DC029AB $39.95
Newly tooled open upper-mount and lower-mount 5-inch gun realistically reproduced
- Newly tooled Tartar launcher w/intricate detail
- New radar dishes possess well-defined detail
- Authentic bridge produced w/slide-molded technology
- Defined details molded on hull side
- AN/SPG-49 Talos illuminators are presented in detail
- Photo-etched railings included for the deck
- Delicate radar offered w/option of PE or plastic parts
- Masts, radar and antenna parts are represented by photo-etched parts w/realistic details
- Photo-etched pole included
- Waterline or full-hull version can be assembled
- Sponsons are represented on lower hull by slide-mold technology
- True-to-scale propellers reproduced
- One-piece slide-molded upper hull w/undercut details realistically represented
- Detailed MK 56 gun directors are accurately presented
- Extremely well-detailed parts like workboat
- Accurate workboat stowage w/photo-etched frames
- True-to-scale ASROC launcher is presented
- Talos launchers accurately produced w/fine details
Cyber-Hobby does it again! After previously releasing a number of 1/700 scale ship kits, Cyber-Hobby brings another for the delectation of ship lovers. In recent times there have been successful renditions of the USS Virginia (CGN-38), USS Long Beach (CG-9), HMS Type 45 and LCS-2, and now comes USS Albany (CG-10). This particular ship was originally an Oregon-class heavy cruiser (CA-123) when it was commissioned into the US Navy in June 1946. Too late to join WWII, it served mostly in the Atlantic, Mediterranean and Caribbean. Then in June 1958 it began undergoing conversion into a guided missile cruiser as the lead ship of her class. At this point USS Albany was re-designated as CG-10, and it reentered service in 1962. Its missile armament included RIM-8 Talos and RIM-24 Tartar surface-to-air missiles, as well as ASROC missiles. From 1976-80, USS Albany was flagship of the 6th Fleet based in Gaeta, Italy.
The new Cyber-Hobby kit is made precisely to 1/700 scale. The kit is a product of all-new tooling, with the exception of miscellaneous fittings such as missile launchers, radar and some other small parts. The hull comes with the option of full-hull or waterline versions, while the ship’s superstructure is finely reproduced. Many of the parts are products of slide molds to ensure maximum detail is rendered and to guarantee easy assembly. There are also some photo-etched parts to improve the overall level of detail allowed by plastic molding. This is a fine new kit of USS Albany in its existence as a guided missile cruiser.
"Easy Scale Modeling " by Kalmbach
Click on the box called "Books"